I couldn't find the triangle cutting tool at my local fabric stores so I made a template instead. After cutting most of the quilt out I ran out of a crucial fabric, the grey that goes around the triangles. I could only find the fabric at Burgundy Buttons in the States for a decent price, so the quilt went on hold for 3 weeks or so. Since I had to wait anyways I went around to some quilting stores to find the creative grids 12" equilateral triangle. This triangle ruler will come in handy for the one block wonder quilts I make as well. Oh what a difference having the right ruler instead of a template makes! Just so this is a true blog I will admit I screwed up on my template in the first place hence the reason I had to order more fabric. I cut the strips wrong.... and even cut some of my triangles wrong. Ahhh quilting my relaxing yet frustrating time to myself.
After spending so much time cutting out this quilt I realized I have been a little spoiled with a lot of my recent quilts having the accuquilt GO! There was a lot of cutting for this quilt! At weird angles!
All together I made 140 triangles. I am hoping to make a queen size quilt and I think I might have enough for a throw quilt as well. Funny enough I actually haven't made a quilt for my own bed. This may be the one...maybe.
Having my new design wall makes me very happy! I spent some time figuring out a pattern to see what my quilt could look like.
I spent a couple days sewing together my rows, I did 8 rows of 14. My quilt will end up being around 90" x 92" once I cut the edges to make them straight. I think I am going to add another row though, I wanted it to be a little bigger then that for my queen bed. The triangles were somewhat difficult at times to get them perfectly precise. I got it most times but a couple I'm not really happy with.
Overall it's an interesting quilt, a fresh take on triangles. Now I get to go have fun with the long arm. It's really fun doing your own quilt on the machine opposed to a customers cause there is a lot less pressure.