Monday, July 8, 2013

Hexagon Quilt Finished

 

  After putting this half finished hexagon quilt off to the side for a couple months, it was time to finish up this old project.  It is made out of the Michael Miller Lush fabric collection (the orange fabric is Valorie Wells).  I cut all my hexagons using my Accuquilt Go! cutter.  The original post is here.
 
 
  I decided to add some borders to make it a twin.  Before top stitching it, it was around 70 x 86. 
 
  I wanted to try out a new binding technique of folding over the backing.  In my case I decided to fold the front to the back.  In hindsight I should have folded the back to the front because I lost a lot of size to the quilt.  There's a great tutorial here for this method of binding.
 
  My finished quilt turned out to be  66 x 82.  Overall I am very happy with the way it turned out.  I did a loopy daisy pattern using Glide peacock (90256) thread.  The fabric really suits the hexagon design. 
 

 
 
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment